Sunday 22 March 2015

Part Two - Reportage Exercise: Drawing on the familiar

Part Two - Reportage

Project - Reportage illustration

Exercise: Drawing on the familiar




I could not think about better subject to draw like my 21months old Leo. His day is always busy and full of unexpected events which are interesting to be capture on the paper. I started my sketch while he was still sleeping in the morning, where the play area was clear and unused by little curious hands.




I let him to spend some time amongst his toys then I have moved on to capturing his little activities.  That was more difficult than I expected as Leo was very busy and he could not stay still for a second.

I have mixed emotions with the outcome of this exercise. I am not happy with the quick sketches I have done using black water paint. Maybe is the fault of the medium I used or the fact that Leo was constantly on the go. Or maybe my lack of skills in asking myself what is the most important part of this exercise. Just because I was drawing and watching my little one I suspect this was the main issue as I could not get the distance to the person I was looking at and working with. I wanted him to look similar on the sketches as he is in real life but at the end I achieved totally opposite result in my opinion. I do remember the inner frustration when Leo was moving on to the another thing while I was still trying to capture on the paper his first activity. I do see there are some inconstancies in the style between one drawing and another which I am not happy with.



 
 
 
 
 
 















 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment