Tuesday 31 March 2015

Project: Natural sciences; Exercise: A rose by any other name


Exercise: A rose by any other name









I  copied  this picture from Wikipedia as a part of my research for this exercise. I am going to draw a few more detailed sketches based on my pink flower unfortunately I have no knowledge about the name of it.


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flower



 
 I am going to do more drawings based on this flower I had at my home.
 
 

 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


I got inspired while watching Chanel Haute Couture Spring Summer 2015 Fashion Show on You Tube. The colours are really beautiful contrasting with bold white background. Another reason why I mentioned this fashion show is the shapes of flowers and the line is sharp and simple. This is wonderful inspiration for my project.  I will design my illustration based on similar idea.


 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2hGnyb1ju8

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 





I wanted to add some of the Chanel glamorous to my flowers therefore I used my glittery watercolours to paint them.   

 



 
 





day two


Today I would like to try something new with my illustration using the Photoshop. I am terrible in making comments while I use this computer program.  All my thoughts are hard to put on paper while I work on the illustration as is easier and quicker to change the concept on the computer but hared to remember why I made the change. I do not have any problems to make a comment when the illustration happens in organic way, when I do remember why the line or a dot I made happened to be in one or another place on the paper.  I am such an old fashion artist in that respect :)

 













glowing edges







cut out




invers colours




 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

It was nice to experiment with this illustration. I do not know if I managed to make any progress however I used one of the techniques gained from previous exercises. I scanned my illustration then I worked a bit on that with Photoshop, next step was to print it out on A4 paper to be able to work with black pen on details. This is how it looks like as a finished illustration.
 
I took an inspiration for the background from Chanel greenhouse from fashion show last year.

 
 
 
Screen shot 2015-02-02 at 10.55.50 AM 

 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment