Wednesday 28 January 2015

Exercise: Less is more

 Exercise: Less is more

Identify a palette of no more than three colours that could work in combination.  Use this palate to illustrate five domestic items beginning with the same letter of the alphabet.


I did a couple of sketches with pencil just at the beginning of this task. My chosen items begin with the letter S, like: a shoe, a spoon, a saucer, a saucepan and              

 
 
 
 
 


The colours chosen by me are not the one I would use for my paintings, however I wanted to do something different and be surprise with the result. Was I really surprised?   Yes, definitely doing something different brings good result for the artists who experiment with given brief. I realised during this task how careful I have to be with black colour as it comes forward no matter which colour I am going to pare it with.  







black-pink-yellow 
 



black-green






black-pink

This exercise helped me to understand bit more about the relation between the surrounding of the object and the colour of it. Having limited amount of colours to use to draw an object helped me to focus more on the actual object rather then the colours. Having said that I though about the colour as way to describe the shape of the object. I had to think about creating the space only with the line and the colour and that was not easy.  






No comments:

Post a Comment