Thursday 29 January 2015

Project : Visual space



Research point

Find examples of illustrators who have designed wallpapers, fabrics, wrapping paper or for other flat surfaces that you find interesting. How do their illustrations play with the idea of flatness?





























Daniel Mackie










http://www.lizzieallen.co.uk/redbus_blackcab_2009/redbus_blackcab_2009.html



Exercise: Visual depth

Produce three drawings depicting a room in your house using one-point, and three-point perspective.
Produce a fourth drawing using isometric projection to represent the room.


Produce a fifth drawing of the room in which you deliberately break the rules and draw the space with its own visual logic and finally, do flat drawing.

Write around 200 words analysing how these different approaches affect the ' meaning' of the visual space being represented. When you choose to draw with or without perspective what is this saying?





I am in the middle of this exercise very excited to be able to work and think about perspective. I found a short movie on You Tube     (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEymIyLbiAI which shows how to draw a room from one point perspective. I have always been struggling a bit with perspective and this clip made my life so much easier. I do admit that I have been always making the same mistake while drawing something with one point perspective. I always start from drawing everything what I wanted or needed to place on the paper then finding one point on the surface and at the end drawing long lines from the objects to that one point.  As a result my drawings have never been perfectly in perspective.  The good way of doing this exercise is to draw a single spot on the paper then the rest of the room fallowing the straight lines from the spot to the object.  And this is my first attempt of this exercise.  It is not perfect however it looks more like a drawing that is built on construction.






This is a drawing of my bedroom from one point perspective.




No comments:

Post a Comment