Tuesday 27 January 2015

Project: Your tool box - Exercise: Mixing and matching

Exercise: Mixing and matching

Working around the theme of 'hybrid', create a series of illustrations using the following processes:

Statring on paper and moving to a computer, follow this process:

DRAW-SCAN-COLOUR



I picked two different types of flowers for my hybrid. I will draw a rose and a sunflower. Let see how it is going to look like.






And there we have a stalk and leaves from the rose. I created shape of the flower crown based on the sunflower. The crown is a mixture of rose and sunflower petals.





I have scanned my sketch and saved on my computer then started to colour it using Photoshop.  

 







 They were too vivid. Nevertheless I like this technique as a way to improve the illustration or a project I work on or I will be working in the future.










It was good fun therefore I decided to make another attempt to create hybrid out of a shoe and teapot. This one is called: Teashoe      









 
 
 
 
 
 
 





Starting on the computer and then moving to paper

COLOUR-PRINT-DRAW










































I like this effect created by using suggested technique. There was a lot room for me to make this illustration not as that polish as the previous one. I do feel more comfortable with this way of working it is just like creating a colouring book but in the reverse way, if that makes sense?  You work on the colours then you create lines and sometimes you can skip one or two to not make such an obvious shape.
 

I can also see the difference between the colours I have used in Photoshop and the colours from the printer. I have to admit a big difference in saturation and tone of the colours.   

 






No comments:

Post a Comment